Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Virgin Meal

I read once that the key to making any new apartment feel like a home is through its kitchen. Since my move to Boston two weeks ago, I seldom get that once familiar sense of comfort, of the loud noise that can calm the stressful body or the old smell of a house that gives peace of mind. The mood was rather gloomy when the door opens, much like the east coast weather outside. What was a young man to do in a new city on a Friday night? The only thing he knows – clean the pan, pour out the oil, and set the plates.

Any feelings of loneliness, of missing my friends back in San Francisco, of fear around career uncertainties were surely forgotten the minute I turned on my never been use stove. Cooking always brings me to a place that gives me control and security. These are the result of such fears – or rather its cure.

Now if only I can bring the crew here to enjoy this meal with me – life would be more than perfect. You guys are surely missed and I dedicate this blog to you (you know who you are). Thank you for all the good food, drinks, and memories and laughter.





























































































































































4 comments:

  1. ooohh how exciting! I love this! I can't wait to share a meal with you. i miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so eloquently and deliciously written!

    ReplyDelete